8/2002 – 6/2008 & 8/2018 – Present
- Instruct courses in the Computer Science and Information Technology Department
- Develop curriculum for face-to-face, online and remote courses.
- Website Editor of the Teaching and Learning Excellence through Scholarship (TALES) Academic Journal
- Chair of the Research and Best Practices Sub-Committee of the Teaching and Learning Roundtable
- Coordinated Internet and Multimedia Technology department, including managing, scheduling, and staffing courses. (2004-2008)
- Advise students.
2017 – 2018
- Supported the creation of online learning materials
- Assisted with the design and delivery of online, hybrid, and face-to-face instructional technology training
- Provided 1st tier LMS user support (Blackboard)
- Collaborated and consulted with other distance education staff
@ SkinnyMinnyMedia LLC
- Designed and developed web and multimedia solutions for a variety of clients, including higher education, non-profits, and small business.
- Manage an online community of bloggers.
- Provided SEO and Social Media Marketing solutions
- Created and maintained multiple websites and social media channels
- Developed engaging content, including photos, illustrations, and videos
- Organized and hosted an annual conference for 300 bloggers (sold conference in 2015)
2009 – 2010
Online Interactive Designer
- Designed and produced interactive media
- Oversaw research and production of innovative interactive online communities
- Developed Department Website
- Worked with students and faculty
2000 – 2003
@ Accelera (previously LearnWare)
- Designed and developed customized, instructionally-sound multimedia projects using a variety of multimedia authoring packages, including Macromedia Flash and Director.
- Researched new technologies and solutions for multimedia and web-based projects.
- Developed and maintained ongoing database for web environment using SQL server 7.0, ColdFusion 4.5, and ASP.
- Created and maintained the company website.
1997 – 1999
- Worked extensively on Web and Database projects using Access, Cold Fusion, SQL Server, Dreamweaver, Authorware, Photoshop, and a variety of other multimedia programs.
- Troubleshot computer and network problems.
- Handled student complaints.
- Assisted students with technical problems.
- Answered computer-related questions over the phone.
- M. S. in Instructional Technology, Bloomsburg University, 2000
- B. S. Business Administration (Management Information Systems), Bloomsburg University, 1998
- CGVC 167 Introduction to Web Publishing
- CGVC 247 Intermediate Web Publishing
- CGVC 251 Interactive Design
- CSIT 101 Introduction to Computers
- CSIT 111 Introduction to Programming
- CSIT 121 Web Standards
- CSIT 142 Introduction to MIS
- MULT 109 Multimedia Authoring
- MULT 110 Game Programming
- MULT 209 Multimedia Authoring II
- WEBT 143 Web Standards (created course)
- “Brightspace for Better Engagement: Faculty Lessons Learned, Tips & Tricks” presented at CCBC’s 2022 Teaching and Learning Fair
- “How to Engage and Enjoy Your Fully Online Courses with Weekly FlipGrid Videos” presented at CCBC’s 2021 Teaching and Learning Fair
- “Mastering the Blackboard Gradebook” presented at CCBC’s 2020 Teaching and Learning Fair
- “Global Learning in the Cloud: How to Effectively Share Resources with Students” presented at AFACCT 2020
- “Blackboard and Office 365: A Marriage Made in Heaven” presented at CCBC’s 2019 Professional Development Conference
- “Utilizing Microsoft Sway for Collaborative, Accessible, Content Sharing in Blackboard” presented at CCBC’s 2018 Teaching and Learning Fair
- “Blogs for Learning!” Teaching and learning Fair CCBC, 1/16/2008
- “A Successful Online Presence for Your Face-to-Face Course” presented at CCBC’s Professional Development Conference, 5/26/2004
- “Women in Technology”, Grace Hopper Scholars Grant, 3/30/2004
- Panel Participant, “State of the Game Industry”, Annual Game Day at CCBC, 3/13/2004
- “Teaching Online Game Development” presented at Bloomsburg University, PA, 11/19/2003
- “Outlook Best Practices” presented at CCBC’s Professional Development Conference, 5/28/2003
- “Teaching Mathematics, Science, and Technology Educators How to Create Instructional Multimedia for Their Own Classrooms,” Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, 3/2006
- “Mathematics, Science, and Technology Educators Creating and Using Instructional Multimedia,” EdMedia + Innovate Learning, 6/2005
- “Providing Mathematics, Science and Technology Educators with an Opportunity to Create Instructional Multimedia,” Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, 2005
Other Related Information and Activities
- Current Web Editor for TALEs, 2021-present
- Faculty Art Exhibition, Recent Work, 10/2006
- Attended PHP training course, 1/2006
- Participated in the Teaching with Instructional Multimedia in Mathematics and Science at the Post Secondary and Secondary Schools Grant (NSF-ATE DUE #0202260) 7/2004,7/2005
- Work featured in the Article Teaching Facts with Fun, Online Games By Karl M. Kapp, 2/2005
- Attended Virtual Academy Training Seminar, 1/2004
- Attended Macromedia Flash MX ActionScript training course, 8/2003
- Attended Macromedia Fireworks MX training course, 8/2003
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty of the Year, 5/2002
- Attended Introduction to XML training course, 12/2000