A couple of weeks ago Jen and I went to Portland, Oregon to investigate the home of FitBloggin’13, a conference I organize and host.
Jen promised she wouldn’t check out all the touristy things since we only had 24 hours and a business meeting, but she just couldn’t help herself. I received this email just a few days before our flight…
ok…. I know I said that I would not investigate, but I was watching the travel channel and saw this!!!!!
They are both within walking distance from our hotel!
She cracks me up!
So we had Voodoo Doughnut on our list of things to visit and actually ended up stumbling on it when we noticed a line of people and wondered what they were waiting for.
Apparently, it was donuts!
At first I wasn’t really into it.
I mean, don’t get me wrong I like donuts, but to wait in line for them?
OK, Why not?
The signs where fun.
And so was the people watching.
(Love that tattoo and so appropriate for my current state of mind.)
After about 30 minute we were in and people were jealous.
I must admit, I was a little overwhelmed.
The menu showcased some interesting choices.
- Bacon Maple Bar – Raised yeast doughnut with maple frosting and bacon on top!
- Captain my Captain – Raised yeast doughnut with vanilla frosting and Captain Crunch!
- Triple chocolate penetration – Chocolate cake doughnut with chocolate frosting and coco-puffs!
- Mango Tango – Raised yeast doughnut filled with mango jelly and topped with vanilla frosting and tang!
- Maple Blazer Blunt – It’s a raised doughnut rolled into a blunt with maple frosting and red sprinkle ember, prices vary due to Blazer Mania!
- Cock-N-Balls – Cock-n-balls shaped raised yeast doughnut triple filled with Bavarian cream and topped with chocolate frosting!
- Arnold Palmer – Plain cake doughnut with vanilla frosting and lemonade/ice tea dust on top!
The atmosphere and decor where fun too.
I decided on Triple Chocolate Penetration (of course!) and whatever that one is covered in M&M’s was –yes, I have a slight chocolate obsession. Jen chose the Mango Tango and a plain old Chocolate Glazed.
I have to say, once the donuts were in my hands I was awfully excited.
We couldn’t wait!
I dug into Triple Chocolate.
And Jen grabbed the Mango.
Total YUM! How can a chocolate donut, topped in chocolate glade and then dipped in cocoa puffs NOT be good?!? That being said they were more fun for the novelty then anything else.
Overall, I’m a fan. It’s a fun, quirky spot that’s worth a visit the next time you find yourself in Portland.
22 SW 3rd Avenue Portland Oregon, U.S.A.