7/2009 - Present Online Interactive Designer Imaging Research Center UMBC
- Design and produce interactive media
- Oversee research and production of innovative interactive online communities
- Work with students and faculity
1/2008 - Present Owner/Web Publisher SkinnyMinnyMedia LLC
- Develop, maintain, and produce ongoing content for 2 successful blogs: Roni'sWeigh and GreenLiteBites
- Manage online community of bloggers on NING platform called BlogtoLose
- Design and develop web and multimedia solutions for a variety of clients including higher education, non-profits, and small business. Current projects can be seen on SkinnyMinnyMedia company site.
8/2002 - 6/2008 Assistant Professor School of Applied and Information Technology Community College of Baltimore County
- Instructed Internet and Multimedia Technology, Computer Graphics and Computer Information System courses.
- Coordinated Internet and Multimedia Technology department including managing, scheduling and staffing courses.
- Developed new curriculum and courses.
- Advised students.
1/2000 - 1/2003 Multimedia Programmer/Team Lead Accelera (previously LearnWare International Corporation) Baltimore, MD
- Designed and developed customized, instructionally sound, multimedia projects using a variety of multimedia authoring packages including Macromedia Flash and Director.
- Researched new technologies and solutions for multimedia and web based projects.
- Developed and maintained ongoing database for web environment using SQL server 7.0, ColdFusion 4.5 and ASP.
- Created and maintained company web site.
6/1999 - 12/1999 Graduate Assistant 1/1997 - 12/1999 Residential Computer Consultant Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, PA
- Worked extensively on Web and Database projects using Access, Cold Fusion, SQL Server, Dreamweaver, Authorware, Photoshop and a variety of other multimedia programs.
- Troubleshot computer and network problems.
- Handled student complaints.
- Assisted students with technical problems.
- Answered computer related questions over the phone.
- M. S. in Instructional Technology, Bloomsburg University, 2000
- B. S. Business Administration (Management Information Systems), Bloomsburg University, 1998
Tools: Dreamweaver, Flash, Director, Photoshop, Illustrator*
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 2000, NT), MAC OS X, Unix
- CGVC 167 Introduction to Web Publishing
- CGVC 247 Intermediate Web Publishing
- CGVC 251 Interactive Design
- CINS 101 Introduction to Computers
- CINS 111 Introduction to Programming
- CINS 155 Internet Basics
- CINS 157 Internet Programming
- CINS 220 Introduction to Visual Basic
- MULT 109 Multimedia Authoring
- MULT 110 Game Programming
- MULT 209 Multimedia Authoring II
- WEBT 143 Web Standards (created course)
- "Blogs for Learning!" Teaching and learning Fair CCBC, 1/16/2008
- "A Successful Online Presence for Your Face-to-Face Course" presented at CCBC's professional Development Conference, 5/26/2004
- "Women in Technology", Grace Hopper Scholars Grant, 3/30/2004
- Panel Participant, "State of the Game Industry", Annual Game Day at CCBC, 3/13/2004
- “Teaching Online Game Development” presented at Bloomsburg University, PA, 11/19/2003
- "Outlook Best Practices" presented at CCBC's professional Development Conference, 5/28/2003
Other Related Information and Activities
- Faculty Art Exhibition, Recent Work, 10/2006
- Attended PHP training course, 1/2006
- Participated in the Teaching with Instructional Multimedia in Mathematics and Science at the Post Secondary and Secondary Schools Grant (NSF-ATE DUE #0202260) 7/2004,7/2005
- Work featured in Article Teaching Facts with Fun, Online Games By Karl M. Kapp, 2/2005
- Attended Virtual Academy Training Seminar, 1/2004
- Attended Macromedia Flash MX ActionScript training course, 8/2003
- Attended Macromedia Fireworks MX training course, 8/2003
- Outstanding Adjunct Faculty of the Year, 5/2002
- Attended Introduction to XML training course, 12/2000