Does anyone remember when I used to do a blog series called Thursday Thoughts on Roni’s Weigh?
I originally posted that image 9 years ago and continued a series of post for years on Thursdays where I would share a bullets lists of thoughts, links, resources, and updates. I’m thinking of restarting this concept. I like the idea of having a weekly blogging goal and an outlet to share little tidbits I pick up during the week. However, I think a new image is in order.
Why can you only get away with stuff like that in your 20s and 30s? Or maybe you can’t but you just do it anyway?
In my 40s, umm, no.
It’s been decided. Yes on Thursday Thoughts! No on the funny face photo. Yikes!
Okay, let’s do this…
- Starting with a thought on my back and neck pain after posting the 40 (almost 41-year-old version of my silly photo) seems appropriate. So I’m starting with a profession of love for my TENS unit. TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation and it’s the only way I can manage my chronic neck pain. My mom gave me her old unit about 10 years ago and on those (now rare) occasions when I throw my back/neck out it’s one of the only things that provide relief. I actually had to wear it to work today just so I could turn my head left and right. They don’t make the model I have anymore but it’s similar to this one on Amazon.
- Since I’m on the subject, did you know strength training relieves chronic neck pain? That’s why I noted that my neck issues are “now rare.” Since I started regularly working out and lifting weights I’ve been able to control and manage my pain better than when I took that original Thursday Thoughts photo. Yay for picking things up and putting them down!
- On to another type of “training.” Besides training every morning at the gym, I’ve started taking that online training course to become a travel agent and I’m loving it! I have no big plans to leave my full-time position anytime soon but I want (need?) to be working on something for myself, and this just seems like a natural transition. I’m passionate about traveling and have a blast researching and planning my own trips, so why not learn everything I can and offer my services to others? If there are any agents out there I’d love to hear from you! This is a big shift for me.
- Changing gears, I don’t care what they say about chocolate before bed. I celebrate the end of the day with a bar (1/2 serving) of this and I’m in heaven!
- Speaking of chocolate, The Husband and I are changing up our “date night in” this week and having dinner at a friend’s house Saturday night. I’ve been tasked with dessert and have decided to give this flourless chocolate cake a try. I also found this recipe but I don’t know enough about erythritol yet. I may order it just to see what all the fuss is about. Does anyone use it?
- I’m ending today’s thoughts with this appropriate article about the 3 Types of Therapeutic Writing. I’ve increased my blogging just slightly these last couple of weeks and I already feel loads better. Thank you.