RoniNoone.com

Brain-Dumping from the Beach

This is going to be a braindump of epic proportions. It’s been nearly two months since I posted! A record for me, for sure. Not that I was consciously trying to set a record or anything. I’ve just had so much going on and blogging, unfortunately, has been at the bottom of my priorities list.  I think you’ll see why in a minute.

First, the good news.

Last week I passed the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam!

I have spent all my free time in that last two months studying, and I was terrified of the test. I’m not sure why. I was going in prepared but test taking stresses me out. I never feel ready. I know that about myself, so a few weeks ago I decided to put a deadline on it and schedule the exam.

This certification marks my commitment to do more of what makes me happy.

Helping people reach goals makes me happy.

Learning new things makes me happy.

Teaching makes me happy.

Working out makes me happy.

Geesh, just being at the gym makes me happy!

Frankly, I’m tired of feeling like I only have time to do things I HAVE to do instead of the things I WANT to do. So I’m doing what I can when I can (get it? get it? 😉) to tip the scales a bit and focus more on the things I enjoy.

This leads me to a big decision…

I’m bringing back GreenLiteBites.

I have been cooking up a storm lately!

My new macro focus in the kitchen has inspired me, and I miss having a blog as a creative outlet for my food adventures. I’ve started working on a new GreenLiteBites site, and I hope to port over some of my more popular recipes from the old site based on the most popular ones people have been requesting.

It’s going to take some time since I am still working full time, but I hope to have it ready in the next few months, so keep an eye out!

Oh! and I’m hoping to bring back videos too. I work with some talented multimedia guys and have been picking their brains about cameras and such.

Speaking of work, I’m currently on vacation.

(Hence the post title. It flowed, sorta, so I went with it.)

Anyway, that’s why I decided to catch up on the blog a bit. We’re on our annual family Jersey Shore trip and having a blast!

Notice the cleverly placed iPad as the 13-Year-Old isn’t too keen on getting his photo taken anymore. He now approves all photos I share on social media so you’ll only see him here or there on my Instagram. Speaking of, there are tons of vacation shots up there — IG is how I’ve been scratching my blogging itch.

A few weeks ago the boys and I took our annual Mother-Sons trip as well. This year we explored Key West.

This was our 7th annual Mother-Sons adventure. Not my favorite as I had to squish it over a long weekend, but we still had a blast exploring a new-to-us location.

We road tripped the keys, explored the local beach,

…and I even caught a stingray on our fishing trip!

I’ve saved up all my vacation time at my new job for these two trips and the long weekend The Husband, and I will take in August at an all-inclusive in Jamaica.

Life has been good.

The kids are getting older, and The Husband and I are going through a renaissance of sorts. A 24-year relationship is bound to have its ups and downs, but I’m happy to say we’ve been up for some time now.

Speaking of The Husband, he’s been my first “client” as a personal trainer, and we’ve been working out together all week.

Let me say that again because I can hardly believe it myself…

We’ve been WORKING OUT together all week!

The last two days he even ran with me! Here we are post-run yesterday…

I can not stress how proud I am of him. Exercising is not his thing. He’s not a runner, has never had a gym membership and barely breaks out in a jog even when being chased.

The progress he’s made in the last couple of months has been unbelievable. I’m happy we can now be active together. We’re committing to running intervals twice a week when we get back.

There’s not much in other news.

Work has been meh. My co-worker resigned last week, and our team is going through a bit of a transition. I don’t blog about it much as I find it unprofessional, but I will say work is the reason I’ve been MIA as long as I have. It’s been a bit of a stressful situation for me.

You may have caught it above, but I’m now the mother of a TEENAGER. It’s been blowing my mind a little. “The Baby” who inspired me to change my life and “The Toddler” who recorded cooking videos with me is now thirteen.

Watching him grow up has been an amazing experience so far. I can’t even imagine what the future holds.

His brother, Little Bean, isn’t so little anymore either. The 7-Year-Old seems to be growing up even faster!

I can barely keep up with him.

Me? Well, I’ve been killing it at the gym lately. I’m wrapping up a strength cycle in the next few weeks, and I’m considering entering a power-lifting competition in the fall. I don’t stand a chance competitively but it scares the crap out of me, and you all know how I feel about pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

I think that’s all from me right now. I hope to get more active again especially after I re-launch GreenLiteBites. My goal is to have it re-launched by the fall. The next few months I’ll be laying the groundwork so I can keep doing more of what I love.

I hope you are all well! I miss you.

20 comments

1. Charlie Hills - July 13, 2018 11:35 pm

“Frankly, I’m tired of feeling like I only have time to do things I HAVE to do instead of the things I WANT to do.” I think that’s the essence of this thing called “adulting” which we all hate. In the same dang boat and hoping to jump out of it and swim ashore soon. Best of luck with the upcoming blog reboot. 🙂

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I know. I know. I’m so over it. Actually I think I’m more over feeling as if I don’t deserve to be happy. If that makes sense.

2. LisaM - July 13, 2018 11:52 pm

So nice to hear your update! Don’t fret if it’s only every once in a while. You are one busy gal…

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:08 pm

No fret. Just miss it! 🙂

3. Jessica flanscha - July 14, 2018 2:22 am

HOOOOOOOORAY FOR GREEN LIGHT BITES!!!!!!!!!! You’re the reason I know how to cut a butternut squash! That was one of my FAV recipe sites! So.excited.
    Im happy for you that it sounds like everything besides work is going well. Im a long time follower and always enjoy your posts. The news about your husband is awesome! And you’re looking great yourself!
    Sorry for all the exclamation points. So happy for GLB 🙂

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:09 pm

I’m happy you’re happy! I can’t wait to get back into it. Working on it today.

4. Martha G - July 14, 2018 11:30 am

Love your update & if not for your IG posts I’d have been worried about you. Thrilled that you’re bringing back GLB and hope the old recipes follow you. Now that you have your ACE cert ever think about becoming a certified health coach? You could really build a strong practice.

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:09 pm

YES! That’s one of the reasons I did it. They have a health coach cert too. It’s next on my list.

5. Jodi - July 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Your such a motivator Roni! It made my day that you will be back at it again. Thanks for all that you share; you really help people more than you know. Hopefully you can start some sort of macro coaching; you would be amazing!!!!

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:11 pm

I think I just got burnt out but I’m ready to get back it and be able to inspire more people.

6. Shana - July 15, 2018 1:04 am

So glad to hear greenlitebites will be up and running again. So glad to catch up!

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Thanks!

7. Renee - July 15, 2018 9:41 am

Really glad to see you back! I was checking in weekly and missed your posts! Green lite bites made a huge impact in how and what I cook. Looking forward to new posts!

• roni - July 15, 2018 4:11 pm

My goal is to post at least weekly now that I don’t have as much studying to do. 🙂

8. Anne Teschler - July 15, 2018 5:36 pm

I love when you “brain dump”! I have enjoyed following your adventures from the beginning when the teenager was the baby… your posts are always so real and honest. You have been an inspiration to me and I’m grateful for your #wycwyc wisdom. 😊

9. Click. The Good News - July 16, 2018 2:18 pm

So good to hear from you- I always enjoy your updates & following on IG. Thanks to you, I signed up for SU in June. I was hesitant to admit I needed a “diet” and had some pounds to lose, but I’ve been so happy so far & I’m really enjoying it. Halfway through my 1st round & looking forward to some of your great recipes in the future.

10. Laurie - July 16, 2018 4:07 pm

Missed you! Can’t believe he is 13!

11. Carol B - July 17, 2018 4:50 pm

We miss you! I check the site a couple of times a week, hoping you have posted! Would love some new recipes. Seems like my kids were that age not long ago. I now have a 30 and 26 year old, 1 grandson and another grandchild on the way. Time seems to slip through your fingers……

12. Jodi - July 18, 2018 3:54 am

Do you need a designer? 😀

• Roni - July 18, 2018 11:39 am